A {Thank You} Card...

Monday, June 20, 2011

Hi!  We've had storms this morning and my kids totally subdued.  I've been taking advantage of that have been getting things done around the house.  So, this card is for this week's PTI Make-It-Monday Challenge.  I have found that even if I'm familiar with the technique, I still learn something new from watching the video.  In this one Erin showed how to make your edges of the reverse mask more defined by inking the edges.  


My card actually used two masking techniques.  First I cut out a rectangle of printer paper, placed it in the center and stamped text over it.  When I removed the mask I was left with a blank rectangle in the center of my card.  I used reverse masking for the red heart.  I punched a heart from some printer paper, used the reverse punch (paper with heart punched out of it) and stamped the flower image in the heart.  I then sponged some red ink lightly all over the heart.  Then I removed the printer paper.  
This card was so close to be one layer!  I couldn't help it to add that blue heart.  I decided to add a frame to clearly define the rectangle.  I used a plain old black ballpoint pen and ruler.  


Have a great day!

{Thank You}
Stamps: Friends 'Til The End, Text Style, Signature Greetings (Papertrey Ink)
Card Stock: SS White (PTI), Simply Blue-tiful (CSS)
Ink: Simply Blue-tiful, Perfect Little Black Dress, Dare to Be a Diva Red (CSS)
Accessories: Heart Punches (Paper Shapers), Ruler, Black Pen, Foam Dimensionals, Red Rhinestone (Kaiser Craft)

6 comments:

Marlena M. June 20, 2011 at 9:22 PM  

I love this look...brilliant to put the flower design in a heart! ;)

Donna Huisinga June 21, 2011 at 2:42 AM  

You really nailed it with this card! Just wonderful.

C June 21, 2011 at 9:17 PM  

Beautiful..love the pop of blue..you nailed that challenge!

Michelle (abzzymom) June 22, 2011 at 1:50 PM  

This is beautiful Dana. You did an amazing job with the the challenge.

Inkyfingers June 22, 2011 at 3:20 PM  

This is so beautifule Dana. Love it.
Hugs
Carol x

CiCi June 22, 2011 at 4:40 PM  

Very nice card. I love the use of text to create a border.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Free Blogger Templates Columnus by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP